Wireless / Guest Access
With a guest access you can grant your guests access to the Internet via your wireless radio network. The users of this connection have access only to the internet. Please note the important instructions on this.
Click on the "Apply" button to save your settings. If you leave the page without saving, all of your changes will be discarded.
Prerequisites for Guest Access
The wireless LAN guest access can be used only if one of the following line types is configured on the "Internet / Account Information" page:
- "Connect to a DSL line" in the "Connection" area
- "External Modem or Router" with operating mode "Establish own Internet connections"
Enabling Guest Access
With the "Guest access enabled" option you enable the guest access.
Configuring Guest Access
- Name of the guest radio network (SSID)
The wireless radio network for guests is visible for other wireless LAN devices with a name, known as the SSID.
Select a type of encryption. The encryption must be supported by the wireless devices that would like to use the guest access.
WPA encryption currently offers the best security and thus should be selected whenever possible. Use a different cipher only if the wireless devices you use do not support WPA. The "WPA + WPA2" setting automatically uses the WPA mode most suitable for your connections. In some cases it may be necessary to set a specific WPA mode for the wireless devices used. Then simply enter the value specified by the manufacturer: "WPA (TKIP)" or "WPA2 (CCMP)". Settings for the Guest Access
- Network key
Enter in this field the network key used to secure radio connections for your guests. Your guest then must also enter this network key in the wireless LAN settings of his wireless LAN adapter.
The network key must have between 8 and 63 characters. For reasons of security the network key should always be at least 20 characters long. In assigning the network key, remember also to comply with the list of valid characters.
For the guest access you can define whether ...
- a protocol of all logins to and logouts from the guest access should be recorded and sent to you as a push mail message.
- the users of the guest access should be restricted to surfing and sending e-mail. The access to exchange markets is blocked with this setting. This setting should always be enabled for use in public.
- registration with the guest access should not be permitted until the conditions of use have been accepted.
- the users of the guest access can communicate with each other. This setting is useful in the private sphere, but should be disabled for use in public.
- after how many minutes the guest access should be disabled automatically, and independent of this, whether guests remain online until they log themselves off.
Wireless devices that support the fast WPS connection mode can be connected with your wireless LAN guest access particularly quickly and easily.
- Start the WPS function on the wireless LAN device.
- Within 2 minutes, click the "Start WPS" button.
The wireless LAN guest access is established automatically and securely.
Multiple wireless devices can use the WPS function to connect, but must do so sequentially rather than concurrently.
Print info sheet
Click the "Print Info Page" button to print the QR code and the access information for your guest wireless LAN.