Diagnostics / Function
Use the function diagnostics to get an overview of the functional status of your FRITZ!Box, its Internet connection and about your home network. If an error occurs, the results of the diagnostics can be sent to AVM Support staff as a mail attachment or as a push mail.
- Click the "Start" button to start the diagnostics.
The diagnostics run through the various test areas.
- You can cancel diagnostics in progress without losing any data. Just click "Cancel".
The results obtained up to that point remain visible.
Sending Diagnostics Result
Symbols and Their Meaningin the Diagnostics Result:
|Test area OK|| |
|Note||Please enter a telephone number to be called for the purpose of testing.|
Areas of the FRITZ!Box are switched off; the functionality of the FRITZ!Box is restricted.
|Critical error message||The Internet connection is interrupted.|
Saving and Sending the Diagnostics Result
In the case of an error, you can send the results of the diagnostics to AVM Support staff by e-mail as a text file.
- Click "Save" to save the diagnostics results.
The diagnostics results are saved as a text file in the download folder of your browser.
- Send the text file as an e-mail attachment to the e-mail address you received from AVM support staff.
Sending Result as a Push Mail
In case of an error you can send the diagnostics result as a push mail and forward it to AVM Support staff.
- Click "Send as Push Mail" to send the diagnostics result.
The diagnostics result is sent as a mail to the e-mail address registered under "System / Push Service / Sender".
- Open the e-mail account belonging to this e-mail address, and forward the push mail that arrived there, with "FRITZ!Box Diagnostics" in the subject line, to the e-mail address you received from AVM Support staff.