MyFRITZ! is a service by AVM that grants you access to your FRITZ!Box from the Internet. With MyFRITZ! you can reach FRITZ!NAS, your answering machine or your call list from anywhere in the world: this means that photos, music and documents on a storage medium connected to the FRITZ!Box, answering machine messages and the call list are available over the Internet.
The following steps are necessary to configure MyFRITZ! service:
- MyFRITZ! account configuration
For this you must assign a MyFRITZ! password. The MyFRITZ! password is required for logging in to the MyFRITZ! service.
- Registering a MyFRITZ! Account
Note:A Wizard takes you step by step through the configuration of MyFRITZ!.
- FRITZ!Box user with the right "Access from the Internet allowed".
FRITZ!Box users are set up in the "System / FRITZ!Box Password / FRITZ!Box Users".
- Active Internet connection
Setting Up a MyFRITZ! Account in the FRITZ!Box
- On the "MyFRITZ! Account" page, enable the "Create a new MyFRITZ! account" setting.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Assign a MyFRITZ! password.
- Click "Continue".
Registration of the MyFRITZ! account starts.
The next step is to register the MyFRITZ! account.
Registering a MyFRITZ! Account
MyFRITZ! sent you an e-mail to the e-mail address you specified with the subject line "Conclude MyFRITZ! registration".
- Open the e-mail from MyFRITZ! and click the registration link "Click here to confirm your MyFRITZ! registration".
The "MyFRITZ!" window is opened in your web browser.
- Then click "Activate Account".
Registration starts. Please wait a moment.
- In the next step you are notified about successful registration.
- Switch back once more to the "Internet / MyFRITZ! / MyFRITZ! Account" page in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click several times on the "Refresh status" link in the "MyFRITZ! Account".
Successful registration is indicated by the green LED and the status "Your FRITZ!Box is registered at MyFRITZ!".
This concludes the configuration of your FRITZ!Box for the use of MyFRITZ! service. Now you can use the service.
FRITZ!Box Internet Access
The "Internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS enabled" setting allows the FRITZ!Box to be accessed from the Internet. It is enabled automatically if you have set up a MyFRITZ! account and the "Access from the Internet allowed" option is enabled in the settings of the FRITZ!box user.
If you do not want the FRITZ!Box to be accessible from the Internet via MyFRITZ!, disable this setting.
All changes made to this setting also apply to the access to your FRITZ!Box via the FRITZ!Box Services.