In this overview you receive information on the connections, ports and lines, and convenience functions configured on your FRITZ!Box. Listings of the calls conducted most recently, the devices integrated in your system and the last voice messages that arrived on your answering machine round out the detailed information.
Information on Your FRITZ!Box
In the upper area of the window the FRITZ!Box is displayed with its complete product name (where relevant, with your internet provider's identifier) the currently installed FRITZ!OS version, and its current energy consumption.
- If you assigned an individual name for your FRITZ!Box under "Home Network / FRITZ!Box Name", this name will be displayed here.
- If a new version of FRITZ!OS is available for your FRITZ!Box on the AVM Update Server, you can start installation of the FRITZ!OS update from here by clicking the "The latest FRITZ!OS is not installed: Update?" link.
- If you have not yet enabled password protection for the FRITZ!Box, you can set it up here by clicking the "Set password" link.
Information on your FRITZ!Box's connections is displayed here. By clicking the entries you can jump from here to the corresponding menus and configure settings there.
- The "Internet" entry shows the status information of your Internet connection.
- If IPv6 support is enabled for the FRITZ!Box, the connection to the IPv6 Internet will be shown with its own additional entry.
- If remote access over VPN is configured, the "Remote access (VPN)" entry shows the status information "not established", "establishing" and "established".
This area shows which of the FRITZ!Box ports and lines are ready for operation and which are in use.
|DSL||Shows the condition of the DSL connection and the current DSL data rate|
|LAN||Indicates whether and at which LAN port a computer is connected|
|WLAN||Indicates whether a computer is connected with the FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN and whether the connection is secure (encrypted) or insecure (non-encrypted)|
|DECT||Indicates whether the DECT function of the FRITZ!Box is enabled and how many cordless telephones are registered with the FRITZ!Box|
|USB||Indicates which USB devices are connected to the FRITZ!Box's port for USB devices. USB storage media can be removed safely from here.|
Next to "Calls" is displayed the number of calls conducted today and how many calls in total are in the call list. Click on "more ..." to open your call list.
The call list shows the last six entries displayed with date, time, and name or telephone number of the remote party.
Adding a Telephone Number to a Telephone Book
Click on the icon to transfer the telephone number from the call list to a telephone book.
The most recently received voice messages for your integrated answering machine are displayed here with date, time and telephone number of the caller.
- Click on the blue arrow to open and save a message.
- Click on "more..." to open the "Answering Machine" menu.
Note:You can configure up to five answering machines in the FRITZ!Box.
The "Network" area shows devices that are active in the network of your FRITZ!Box. If a device in the network is online, the associated globe symbol lights up.
- Click "More ..." to view a list of all devices and users in your network.
- Clicking a connected network device opens the user interface of this device (if it has a web-based user interface) in a separate tab.
All of the convenience features enabled in your FRITZ!Box appear here, such as the number of smart home devices connected, the function of the Info display or the availability of the FRITZ!Box from the Internet.
- Enabled convenience features can be opened here to change settings.
- Additional convenience features can be enabled in the FRITZ!Box menus.