Connecting an IP Telephone to the FRITZ!Box
You can connect IP telephones with the FRITZ!Box wirelessly or via LAN cable. With connected IP telephones you can:
- Conduct internal calls with all connected telephones
- Use the quick-dial numbers and vanity codes from the FRITZ!Box telephone book
- Make calls via the landline (for this the FRITZ!Box must be connected with the landline)
Various FRITZ!Fon features are not available for IP telephones, including:
- Fax and data connections
- Transfer of calls
- Busy on busy
- Switching wireless LAN of the FRITZ!Box on and off
Connecting IP Telephones
- The FRITZ!Box (preconfigured IP address 192.168.178.1) uses an IP address from one of the following IP address ranges:
- 192.168.0.0 - 192168255255
- 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
- 10.0.0.0 - 10255255255
- The IP telephone has an IP address from the FRITZ!Box's IP address range.
- You cannot register an IP telephone via the guest access.
Instructions: Connecting an IP Telephone
- Connect the IP telephone to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box or connect it with the FRITZ!Box via a wireless LAN. See the documentation of the IP telephone for information about how to set up the wireless connection.
Instructions: Configuring an IP Telephone in the FRITZ!Box
- In the FRITZ!Box user interface, select "Telephony / Telephony Devices".
- Click on "Configure New Device".
- Select "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click on "Next".
- Select the "LAN/WLAN (IP telephone)" port and then click on "Next".
- Enter a password and click on "Next".
- Select a telephone number for outgoing calls and click on "Next".
- Specify the incoming calls for which the telephone should ring.
- Click on "Next", check the settings and then click on "Apply".
- Set up an internet telephone number in the IP telephone for registration with the FRITZ!Box as discribed in the following instructions.
Configuring an Internet Telephone Number in the IP Telephone
- Once you have configured the IP telephone in the FRITZ!Box, configure a new Internet number in the IP telephone using the following account information:
|Account information||Enter the following|
|Internet telephone number||Can be freely selected, since the number is used only for registration with the FRITZ!Box.|
|SIP Registrar||Enter fritz.box or the IP address of the FRITZ!Box. The preset IP address is 192.168.188.1|
|User Name|| |
Enter the user name (3 numerals) to be displayed in the settings of the IP telephone in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
|Password||Enter the password you defined during configuration of the IP telephone in the FRITZ!Box.|
|STUN server||Do not enter a STUN server.|