Internet / Account Information / Internet Connection
On this page you can configure the settings required for Internet connections using the FRITZ!Box.
The settings and selection options on this page adapt to the selection in the "Internet Service Provider" area.
Click the "Apply" button to save your settings. If you leave the page without saving, all of your changes will be discarded.
Internet Service Provider
First select your Internet service provider.
In the "Internet Service Providers" area there are two drop-down lists presenting a selection of Internet service providers. Select your Internet service provider:
- Open the first drop-down list and select your Internet service provider.
- If your Internet service provider is not included in the firsts list, select the "More Internet service providers" entry and select your Internet service provider in the second drop-down list.
- If your Internet service provider is not included in the second list either, select the "Other Internet service provider" entry in the second list.
What you select in these two lists depends on your circumstances and on what you would like to do. Once you have made your selections in the two lists, then the further settings you need to make will be displayed.
The possible initial situations are listed below. For each possible situation, the settings you must make are described along with anything else you must do. Check the descriptions to see which situation applies to you.
FRITZ!Box as an Internet Router on the DSL or VDSL Line
- You have a DSL or VDSL line.
- Your Internet service provider is included in one of the two lists.
- You have connected the FRITZ!Box directly to the DSL or VDSL line and would like to operate it as a router.
Select your Internet service provider from the lists.
In this case the two areas "Account Information" and "Connection Settings" appear so that you can configure additional settings.
The fields in the "Account Information" area are already adapted to your Internet service provider's naming conventions.
Enter the account information you received from your Internet service provider in the appropriate fields.
The connection settings are already set to the values used most often. If you would like to change these values, click "Change Connection Settings". The "Internet Connection" areas appear, where you can make changes.
Internet Connection with a USB Modem via UMTS / HSPA
- You have a USB modem for broadband Internet access (UMTS/HSPA).
- You would like to establish the Internet connection via the mobile communications network.
Work through the following steps:
- Select the "Mobile Communications Provider" entry in the first list.
- Insert the USB modem in the USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
- Configure all other settings in the "Internet / Mobile Communications" menu.
Note:The "Internet / Mobile Communications" menu is displayed only if an USB modem (UMTS / HSPA) was connected to the FRITZ!Box at least once.
Additional Possibilities for Internet Access
- Your Internet service provider is not included in either of the two lists.
- Your Internet service provider is included in a list, but you would like to use the FRITZ!Box on an already existing Internet connection, and you have different prerequisites and requirements than those described above.
Work through the following steps:
- Select the "More Internet service providers" entry in the first list, and the "Other Internet service provider" entry in the second list.
- Enter the name of your Internet service provider in the "Name" field.
The areas "Connection", "Operating Mode", "Account Information" and "Connection Settings" are displayed, in which you configure the settings appropriate for your desired Internet connection:
- Operating Mode
The "Operating Mode" area is available only if the "External modem or router" option was selected in the "Connection" area.
- Account Information
The "Account Information" area is not available if the "Connection to a cable modem (cable connection)" option was selected in the "Connection" area.
- Connection Settings
The settings options available in this area vary depending on what you selected in the other areas.