In this overview you receive information on the connections, ports and lines, and convenience functions configured on your FRITZ!Box. Listings of the calls conducted most recently, the devices integrated in your system and the last voice messages that arrived on your answering machine round out the detailed information.
Information on Your FRITZ!Box
In the upper area of the window the FRITZ!Box is displayed with its complete product name (where relevant, with your internet provider's identifier) the currently installed FRITZ!OS version, and its current energy consumption.
- If you assigned an individual name for your FRITZ!Box under "Home Network / FRITZ!Box Name", this name will be displayed here.
- If a new version of FRITZ!OS is available on the AVM Update Server for your FRITZ!Box or for other FRITZ! products in the Mesh, you can check and start installation of the FRITZ!OS update from here.
- If you have not yet enabled password protection for the FRITZ!Box, you can set it up here by clicking on the "Set password" link.
Notification about Important Events
The FRITZ!Box informs you in many ways about events that are important for the security and correct functioning of your home network. On the "Overview" page you receive notifications as a red, linked text in the header. The window that opens when you click on the notification displays details about the event and offers solutions to associated problems. On the "Notification about Important Events" help page you receive more detailed information.
Information on your FRITZ!Box's connections is displayed here. By clicking the entries you can jump from here to the corresponding menus and configure settings there.
- The "Internet" entry shows the status information of your internet connection:
- Name of your provider (internet access provider)
- since when you have been connected with the internet
- actual internet transfer rate
- If remote access over VPN is configured, the "Remote access (VPN)" entry shows the name of the remote access as well as the status "not established", "establishing" or "established".
This area shows the following information on which of the FRITZ!Box ports and lines are ready for operation and which are in use.
|LAN||LAN ports in use|
Next to "Calls" is displayed the number of calls conducted today and how many calls in total are in the call list. Click on "more ..." to open your call list.
The call list shows the last six entries displayed with date, time, and name or telephone number of the remote party.
Adding a Telephone Number to a Telephone Book
Click on the icon to transfer the telephone number from the call list to a telephone book.
The most recently received voice messages for your integrated answering machine are displayed here with date, time and telephone number of the caller.
- Click on the blue arrow to open and save a message.
- Click on "more..." to open the "Answering Machine" menu.
Note:You can configure up to five answering machines in the FRITZ!Box.
The "Home Network" area shows all active devices currently connected with the FRITZ!Box.
- Click on "more ..." to open the detailed home network overview of the FRITZ!Box.
- Clicking on a connected network device opens the user interface of this device (if it has a user interface) in a new tab.
Note:After an update, the first time you open the "Overview" page you receive information about new features and fast software update options for connected FRITZ! products.
Here you see all convenience features enabled in your FRITZ!Box, for instance:
- configured wireless and LAN guest accesses
- enabled wireless LAN schedule
- configured night service
- FRITZ!Box services
- enabled parental controls
- enabled push services
Enabled convenience functions can be accessed with the click of a mouse. Additional convenience features can be enabled in the FRITZ!Box menus.