Internet / Filter / Access Profiles
The settings for internet use are saved in the access profiles. Preconfigured Access Profiles You can create new access profiles and change existing ones.
The table lists all of the access profiles configured in the FRITZ!Box along with their properties.
|Name||The name of the access profile. The names of the preconfigured access profiles cannot be changed.|
|Online Time|| |
|Shared Budget|| |
|Filters||If filter lists are enabled in the access profile, they are displayed here.|
|Blocked Applications||If certain applications are blocked in the access profile, they are displayed here.|
|Opens the access profile in editing mode. In editing mode you can view all properties of the profile in detail and make any changes desired.|
| ||Deletes the access profile|
Creating a New Access Profile
- Click on the "New Access Profile" button.
Access profile: Definition
The settings in the access profile control the following aspects of internet use:
|Aspect||Purpose of Control|
|Online time||Restricting the duration of daily internet use|
|Online content||Blocking access to websites with undesired content.|
|Network Applications||Blocking unauthorized network applications from running.|
Preconfigured Access Profiles
Four preconfigured access profiles are supplied with the FRITZ!Box:
Tickets extend the online time permitted in the parental controls, allowing surfing outside of the specified times.
Properties of a Ticket
- A ticket opens internet access once for 45 minutes.
- Each ticket consists of a randomly selected 6-digit code generated by the FRITZ!Box.
- Tickets can be generated only by FRITZ!Box users with write rights.
- The display always shows 10 valid tickets.
- Once they are redeemed, tickets disappear from the display and are immediately replaced by new tickets.
The ticket must be transferred to the user who wishes to redeem it. Verbally, by email, printed on paper, or in any other way.
With the "Print Tickets" button you can generate a print view of the ten currently valid tickets.
Redeeming a Ticket
- Tickets are redeemed in the browser, on the page that is displayed when online time has expired or outside the permitted online time.
- Tickets can be redeemed by network devices and Windows users in the home network.
- Tickets cannot be used by network devices registered with the guest network.
- The extension of the online time applies to the device redeeming the ticket. If the device shares its budget with other devices, the extension applies to the other devices as well.
- For each redeemed ticket, an event is generated and recorded under "System / Event Log".