System / Event Log
The FRITZ!Box event log can be viewed under "System / Event Log".
Using the Event Log
The FRITZ!Box logs information about operation and error messages in the Event Log.
- If your FRITZ!Box is configured as Mesh Master, the Event Log will also show all events for other FRITZ! devices in the Mesh.
- Messages triggered by programs on connected computers are not displayed in the Event Log, only in the respective program.
Viewing Information on an Event
- Click on an event to view additional information about this event.
Filtering Event Log by Areas
- Select areas from the list in order to view all events or only events for individual areas:
|All||Messages on all areas|
|System||Events on general operation of your FRITZ!Box (for instance, logins to the user interface)|
|Internet Connection||Messages on the internet connection (for instance, connections established)|
|Telephony||Messages on telephony (for instance, registrations of internet telephone numbers)|
|Wireless (WLAN)|| |
Messages on the wireless radio network (for instance, switching wireless LAN on and off, registrations with the wireless guest access)
The FRITZ!Box can also log every instance when a wireless device registered or deregistered. For this, enable the "Log registrations and deregistrations and expanded Wi-Fi information" checkbox on the "Wi-Fi" tab and click "Apply".
|USB Devices||Messages on the USB port (for instance, integration and insertion of USB storage media)|
Deleting the Event Log
Because the FRITZ!Box has only limited space to store events, the oldest events are deleted at regular intervals to make room for new events. Every time the FRITZ!Box is restarted, all events are deleted as well.
In addition to this automated deletion of events by the FRITZ!Box, you have the option to delete all events manually.
- Select the "All" area in the selection list.
- Click on the "Delete List" button.