What are FRITZ!Box users?
FRITZ!Box users are individual authorizations to access and use the FRITZ!Box, which are linked with a individual user account. A FRITZ!Box user account is set up with a user name and a password in the "System / FRITZ!Box Users" menu. An email address is optional, but serves as additional identification for the user.
Rules: FRITZ!Box User Account
- With a FRITZ!Box user account you assign to a FRITZ!Box user individual rights for selected areas and functions of the FRITZ!Box.
- Every FRITZ!Box user logs in with their own user name and a unique password.
- Login using a FRITZ!Box account is possible from the home network of the FRITZ!Box and, with the appropriate rights, also via the internet.
- You can set up as many as 18 FRITZ!Box user accounts.
- You would like to be able to access the settings and functions of your FRITZ!Box not only at home in the home network, but also from the internet. Set up a FRITZ!Box user with the rights "FRITZ!Box settings" and "Access from the internet allowed".
- You would also like to access from the internet files on a USB storage medium connected to the FRITZ!Box: Also grant the user the right "Access to NAS contents".
- You would like to allow family members or housemates to view call lists and/or switch and control Smart Home devices without accessing the FRITZ!Box settings: Configure a FRITZ!Box user with the rights "Voice messages, faxes, FRITZ!App Fon and call list" and/or "Smart Home". Then this FRITZ!Box user can access the Smart Home functions via the MyFRITZ! interface (myfritz.box).
- You would like to connect with the FRITZ!Box home network from a remote network device using VPN software via a secure VPN direct connection: Configure a FRITZ!Box user with the "VPN" right.
FRITZ!Box password or FRITZ!Box user?
You can log in to the user interface of your FRITZ!Box with a FRITZ!Box password or via a FRITZ!Box user account. Here is an overview of the differences:
|FRITZ!Box Password||FRITZ!Box User|
|Login||For login you use a preconfigured FRITZ!Box password or specify a FRITZ!Box password yourself.||There are user accounts linked to certain individuals. |
Every FRITZ!Box user logs in with their own user name and a unique password.
|Scope of access||Every user who logs in with the FRITZ!Box password has the right to access all contents and settings on the FRITZ!Box.||The user accounts specify which contents and settings each FRITZ!Box user can access.|
|Kind of access||Login to the user interface is permitted from devices located in the home network of the FRITZ!Box.||Login is possible from the home network of the FRITZ!Box and, with the appropriate rights, also via the internet.|
Enabling a FRITZ!Box User
After the first configuration, the FRITZ!Box is protected only by a general FRITZ!Box password. If you want to enable FRITZ!Box users for login to the FRITZ!Box, select the appropriate setting in the "System / FRITZ!Box Users / Login in to the Home Network" menu.