Telephony / Telephone Book
Under "Telephony / Telephone Book" you can set up new telephone entries and telephone books and manage the telephone books you've already set up.
Telephone Book Entries
A telephone book entry has several columns:
The columns contain the following information:
|Contact's Telephone Numbers
Quick-dial for one of the telephone numbers
To dial a call using the quick-dial number, simply dial the quick-dial number, for instance **701.
Quick-dial numbers can only be configured in the first telephone book.
Vanity Code (letter dialing) for one of the telephone numbers
To dial a call using a vanity code, simply dial **8 and the combination of letters, for instance **82662 (*8ANNA).
Vanity codes can be configured only in the first telephone book.
|A green check mark indicates that the "important person" setting is enabled.
Configuring, Editing or Deleting a Telephone Book Entry
Creates a new telephone book entry.
Opens the telephone book entry for editing. You can, for instance:
The quick-dial, vanity code and "Important person" functions are available only in the first telephone book.
Deletes the telephone book entry.
This button is not available ifyou use the telephone book of an e-mail account from 1&1, GMX or WEB.DE. With these telephone books, entries must always be deleted on the provider's website.
Setting Up Multiple Telephone Books
You can configure multiple telephone books in your FRITZ!Box. If you have different FRITZ!Fon cordless phones, you can use a different telephone book on each one.
You have the following options when you set up a new telephone book:
- You can save the telephone book in the FRITZ!Box. Then the telephone book is available in the FRITZ!Box and on your FRITZ!Fon cordless telephones.
- You can use the telephone book of an e-mail account in the FRITZ!box. This could be your Google contacts, or the telephone book of an e-mail account with 1&1, GMX or WEB.DE. In this case the telephone book in the FRITZ!Box is then regularly synchronized with your e-mail account's telephone book.
Setting Up a New Telephone Book
See here for instructions on how to set up a new telephone book: New Telephone Book
Switch Telephone Books
The FRITZ!Box user interface always displays the telephone book that was open last. To switch to a different telephone book:
- Select "Telephony / Telephone Book".
- Select "Switch telephone books".
- Select a telephone book and click "OK".
The telephone book is displayed.
Editing or Deleting a Telephone Book
The FRITZ!Box's first telephone book cannot be deleted or renamed.
The following buttons are located next to the names of all other telephone books:
The buttons have the following functions:
Opens the telephone book for editing.
You can rename the telephone book.
If you are using the telephone book of an e-mail account, you can also enter the e-mail address and the password.
If you are using your Google contacts in the FRITZ!Box, you can select here which Google contact groups to display in the FRITZ!Box.
A telephone book stored in the FRITZ!Box is deleted completely.
An e-mail account's telephone book is deleted from the FRITZ!Box user interface. The telephone book remains intact in your e-mail account.
Another button is available for telephone books from e-mail accounts:
Synchronizes the telephone book in the FRITZ!Box with your e-mail account's telephone book. For more information, read the section below.
Synchronizing the Telephone Book of an e-Mail Account
If you set up the contacts of an e-mail account, the telephone book in the FRITZ!Box will be regularly synchronized with your contacts in the Internet. You can also start synchronization at any time with a click of the mouse.
Automatic synchronization starts every 24 hours around 00:00. This entails the following:
- New telephone entries you created in the FRITZ!Box or in your contacts in the Internet are adopted by the telephone book at the other location.
- Changes you made to telephone book entries in the FRITZ!Box or in your e-mail account contacts are adopted by the telephone book at the other location.
- Telephone book entries you deleted in your e-mail account's contacts are also deleted in the FRITZ!Box.
- Only if you use Google Contacts: Telephone book entries you deleted in the FRITZ!Box are also deleted from your Google Contacts. For other e-mail providers telephone numbers must always be deleted on the provider's website.
Synchronizing by Mouse Click
- Select "Telephony / Telephone Book".
- Click the "Synchronize" .
Printing, Saving or Restoring a Telephone Book
Opens the print preview of the telephone book.
Prints out the telephone book.
Saves the telephone book to a file.
The save and restore functions are not available if you are using the telephone book of an e-mail account.
Reloads a saved telephone book back to the FRITZ!Box.