Internet / Permit Access / Port Sharing (or Port Forwarding)
Click on the "Refresh" button to view the current values.
Click on the "Apply" button to save your settings. If you leave the page without saving, all of your changes will be discarded.
With default settings in the FRITZ!Box, programs on your computer and LAN cannot be accessed from the Internet. For a number of applications like online games and file sharing software, you have to make your computer accessible for other Internet users. To do this you must open certain ports for incoming connections. The ports serve to distinguish between different applications on a computer that has only one IP address.
Once you have enabled the relevant ports in FRITZ!Box, other users can access your server at the IP address assigned to FRITZ!Box by the Internet Service Provider. If a connection is active, the IP address is displayed in the "Connection Information" area on the "Overview" page.
List of Ports with Port Sharing Enabled
The "List of Ports with Port Sharing Enabled" displays all ports enabled for port sharing.
- The setting in the "Enabled" column indicates whether a port is enabled for port sharing. Port sharing can be enabled or disabled for a port directly in the "Enabled" column.
- Use the buttons at the right to edit and delete entries in the list.
- Note: When the FRITZ!Box is configured as a repeater, the port sharing settings will have no effect. During repeater operation port sharing must be configured in the FRITZ!Box that is configured as a WDS base station.
- If the FRITZ!Box is operated as an IP client on a router in the network, the port sharing settings will have no effect. In this case you must set up port sharing in the router used to establish the Internet connection.
- Click the "New Port Sharing" button to create a new port for sharing.
Ports Opened via UPnP
The list "Ports Open via UPnP" is displayed when you enabled the setting "Allow changes to security settings over UPnP" (see also the "Home Network / Network / Programs" menu).
If applications with UPnP support are located on any of the computers connected to the FRITZ!Box, these applications can open ports. This means the applications can be accessed from the Internet.
Description of the Columns
|Protocol||The protocol required for the application on the open port.|
|port||The number of the port on which external queries arrive for the application.|
|To computer name||The name of the computer on which the application is running.|
|to IP Address||The IP address of the computer on which the application is running.|
|to port||The number of the port to which FRITZ!Box forwards the external queries.|
The button for deletion can be used to delete list entries and thus close ports that have been opened.