Night Service / WLAN
Using the night service you can define times for the wireless network of the FRITZ!Box to switch off.
Click on the "Apply" button to save your settings. If you leave the page without saving, all of your changes will be discarded.
Advantages of Night Service
WLAN night service offers the following advantages:
- time-controlled Internet access
With night service you can ensure that your children are only allowed to surf the web until a certain time of day, or only within a certain period.
- reduced power consumption when idle
The WLAN module is only active at certain times. This reduces energy consumption.
Setting up Night Service for the WLAN Radio Network
In order to set up night service, a valid time must be set in the FRITZ!Box. This means the FRITZ!Box has to be connected with the Internet at least once.
- Select the setting "Use schedule for WLAN radio network" to enable WLAN night service.
- If, when the scheduled switch-off time arrives, the radio network is to remained switched on until all wireless connections between WLAN devices and the FRITZ!Box have been ended, also select the setting "The wireless network cannot be switched off until no more WLAN devices are active."
- Disable this setting if you would like the WLAN radio network to be switched off during FRITZ!Box night service no matter what connections are active.
If WLAN connections are active at the beginning of the schedule, for instance, because your children are still surfing the web, or because a WDS has been configured, the FRITZ!Box will end these WLAN connections automatically.
- In the next step, specify whether the WLAN module of your FRITZ!Box should be switched off for the same period every day or according to a different schedule on certain days.
Turn off wireless network daily from Enter in the fields "from" and "until" from when to when the WLAN module should be switched off every day. Switch off WLAN according to schedule You can set the times for switching it on and off according to your needs, down to each 15-minute period. Just click the corresponding time segments with the mouse. A segment that is switched on can be switched off by clicking again, and vice versa. You can also define multiple periods with wireless LAN enabled for each day.
The blue bars in the diagram of the week define the periods during which the wireless radio network of the FRITZ!Box is active.
Night service for WLAN is now enabled.
Switching the Wireless Radio Network On/Off During Night Service
You can switch the wireless radio network on and off at any time during night service without making any changes to the configured night service settings.
Switching the Wi-Fi On and Off on the FRITZ!Box
- Press the “WLAN” or "WLAN / WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box and hold it down briefly.
The "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Box turns on (Wi-Fi is on) or off (Wi-Fi is off).
Switching On and Off with FRITZ!Fon
If you connected a cordless telephone from the AVM FRITZ!Fon series to your FRITZ!Box, then you can switch the wireless radio network on and off in the FRITZ!Fon menu.
- To switch on the wireless radio network, enter in your FRITZ!Fon the key sequence "Menu / FRITZ!Box / WLAN / On".
- To switch off the wireless radio network, enter in your FRITZ!Fon the key sequence "Menu / FRITZ!Box / WLAN / Off".
Switching Wi-Fi On and Off with FRITZ!Fon
You can switch the Wi-Fi network on and off using a FRITZ!Fon cordless telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select "Home Network / Wi-Fi".
- Switch the Wi-Fi network on or off.
Switching Wi-Fi On and Off using the Telephone
You can switch the Wi-Fi network on and off using a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box.
- Press the call button on the telephone or pick up the receiver.
- Enter #96*1* (switch Wi-Fi on) or #96*0* (switch Wi-Fi off).
- Hang up.